Articles | Volume 18, issue 1
© Author(s) 2022. This work is distributed underthe Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.
Plastics in the Indian Ocean – sources, transport, distribution, and impacts
Total article views: 9,105 (including HTML, PDF, and XML)Cumulative views and downloads (calculated since 11 Feb 2021)Views and downloads (calculated since 11 Feb 2021)
Viewed (geographical distribution)
Total article views: 9,105 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 8,544 with geography defined and 561 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 7,332 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 6,876 with geography defined and 456 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 1,773 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 1,668 with geography defined and 105 with unknown origin.
31 citations as recorded by crossref.
- Recent trends on microplastics abundance and risk assessment in coastal Antarctica: Regional meta-analysis K. Gurumoorthi & A. Luis 10.1016/j.envpol.2023.121385
- Three-Dimensional Dispersion of Neutral “Plastic” Particles in a Global Ocean Model T. Huck et al. 10.3389/frans.2022.868515
- Fire and Oil Led to Complex Mixtures of PAHs on Burnt and Unburnt Plastic during the M/V X-Press Pearl Disaster B. James et al. 10.1021/acsenvironau.3c00011
- Assessing the potential for the introduction and spread of alien species with marine litter B. Mghili et al. 10.1016/j.marpolbul.2023.114913
- Spatio-temporal variation of plastic pellets dispersion in the coastline of Sri Lanka: An assessment of pellets originated from the X-Press Pearl incident during the Southwest monsoon in 2021 R. Jayathilaka et al. 10.1016/j.marpolbul.2022.114145
- Contamination and distribution of buried microplastics in Sarakkuwa beach ensuing the MV X-Press Pearl maritime disaster in Sri Lankan sea M. Sewwandi et al. 10.1016/j.marpolbul.2022.114074
- Plastic gear loss estimates from a major Australian pot fishery K. Bornt et al. 10.1093/icesjms/fsac222
- Do loggerhead sea turtle (Caretta caretta) gut contents reflect the types, colors and sources of plastic pollution in the Southwest Indian Ocean? M. Thibault et al. 10.1016/j.marpolbul.2023.115343
- Seasonal variation, polymer hazard risk and controlling factors of microplastics in beach sediments along the southeast coast of India M. Ranjani et al. 10.1016/j.envpol.2022.119315
- Characterization of Tidally Accumulated Plastic Waste and the Effect on Mangrove Ecosystems at Eagle Island, Niger Delta, Nigeria A. Numbere & A. Aigberua 10.2112/JCOASTRES-D-22A-00013.1
- Marine litter on the beaches of the Kanyakumari, Southern India: An assessment of their abundance and pollution indices K. Perumal et al. 10.1016/j.marpolbul.2022.114443
- Influence of waves on the three-dimensional distribution of plastic in the ocean R. Bajon et al. 10.1016/j.marpolbul.2022.114533
- Concentrations of phthalate esters on Indian Ocean silky sharks and their long-term dietary consumption risks M. Wang et al. 10.1080/17451000.2023.2173783
- First report of marine debris in Car Nicobar, a remote oceanic Island in the Nicobar archipelago, Bay of Bengal R. Kiruba-Sankar et al. 10.1016/j.rsma.2023.102845
- The Microplastics: Their Occurrence and Impacts in India—A Review K. Nanthini Devi et al. 10.1007/s40010-023-00812-4
- Index based approach for assessment of abundance of marine debris and status of marine pollution in Kandakuliya, Kalpitiya, Sri Lanka R. Sandaruwan et al. 10.1016/j.marpolbul.2023.115724
- Microplastics pollution studies in India: A recent review of sources, abundances and research perspectives P. Karthikeyan & M. Subagunasekar 10.1016/j.rsma.2023.102863
- Voyaging of halogenated polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, an emerging group of pollutants, on micro-mesoplastics in the marine environment P. Goswami et al. 10.1016/j.jhazmat.2023.132502
- Mangroves in the “Plasticene”: High exposure of coastal mangroves to anthropogenic litter pollution along the Central-West coast of India K. De et al. 10.1016/j.scitotenv.2022.160071
- Increasing risk of invasions by organisms on marine debris in the Southeast coast of India G. Kannan et al. 10.1016/j.marpolbul.2023.115469
- The spatiotemporal dynamics, distribution, and characteristics of beached plastics along the remote south coast of Western Australia C. Lyu et al. 10.1016/j.marpolbul.2022.114126
- An ocean front dataset for the Mediterranean sea and southwest Indian ocean F. Sudre et al. 10.1038/s41597-023-02615-z
- Litter on the seafloor along the African coast and in the Bay of Bengal based on trawl bycatches from 2011 to 2020 L. Buhl-Mortensen et al. 10.1016/j.marpolbul.2022.114094
- Microplastics in the sediments along the eastern Arabian Sea shelf: Distribution, governing factors and risk assessment P. Gupta et al. 10.1016/j.scitotenv.2023.168629
- Coastal zone management in Sri Lanka: A lesson after recent naval accidents A. Ratnayake & U. Perera 10.1016/j.marpolbul.2022.113994
- Seasonal distribution of microplastics in surface waters of the Northern Indian Ocean R. Janakiram et al. 10.1016/j.marpolbul.2023.114838
- Characteristics of Plastic Debris Ingested by Sea Turtles: A Comprehensive Review Y. Moon et al. 10.1007/s12601-023-00124-z
- Potential Plastic Accumulation Zones in the Indian Coastal Seas S. Sivadas et al. 10.3389/fmars.2021.768001
- Garbage Patches and Their Environmental Implications in a Plastisphere W. Leal Filho et al. 10.3390/jmse9111289
- Coastal Garbage Patches: Fronts Accumulate Plastic Films at Ashmore Reef Marine Park (Pulau Pasir), Australia S. Hajbane et al. 10.3389/fmars.2021.613399
- Plastic Pollution and Small Juvenile Marine Turtles: A Potential Evolutionary Trap E. Duncan et al. 10.3389/fmars.2021.699521
Latest update: 01 Dec 2023